Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Portal

This was a triumph and the cake is a lie. And yes, I did indeed play Portal three and a half years after it was released.


However, I could say the game was already familiar to me beforehand, as I've watched Simon and Lewis play Portal 2 on YouTube. And obviously I've been subjected to Portal references over the years. I did found the game enjoyable, though, and there were times when the solution didn't come instantly even though I usually knew what to look for.

The game's length is short but it was refreshing for a change to play a game that didn't require weeks to get through, and I liked the final puzzle; such a great climax for the game.

Portal runs on the Source engine, but luckily loading times were nonexistent, unlike I had in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. The game's performance was top notch otherwise aswell.

What else could I say about Portal. The mechanic is innovative and does deserve the praise it has received, and I see why the game has gathered such a fanbase. A small, clever, and entertaining game.

No comments:

Post a Comment