Monday, June 11, 2018

Babylon's Ashes

The Expanse's sixth book, Babylon's Ashes, features a large number of viewpoint characters. I think the storytelling loses something due to that. You get a holistic view of the story instead of following and cheering for few protagonists.

Maybe thanks to that the novel was so predictable. There were no big surprises or twists. No new developments from the alien remains happened either. I almost feel like the series ran out of steam in this one. Or the authors were saving stuff for following volumes.

They could've ended it all here. The only possibly unresolved issue is Naomi's son but I don't see a good reason Babylon's Ashes couldn't have been the final novel. It wouldn't have been a very flashy ending though, I admit, but a good place to finish regardless.

I don't really have anything else to say about the book.

I hope the next one is more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment