Saturday, September 24, 2011

Where Trees Are Square, Part 2

This is the second set of screenshots from my Minecraft single player map. This project was smaller in scale than my first one but has quite a few details. Seaside Mansion I called it while building it.

It is accessible through the Nether portal in the first base. Or you can walk the distance normally, which is pretty long in the actual world. I did do that once, and the sun set and rose twice during the journey, if I recall correctly.

The house is mainly built from netherrack and wooden planks, as shown, and thus is quite flammable. I had some trouble setting up the hearth in there -- the (yet unfinished) house burned down twice before I got it right. Luckily, I had a backup save, so I didn't lose the blocks, although, I still had to rebuild the first floor and some of the second floor as well both times.














No comments:

Post a Comment