Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Backlog

I thought I would be able to avoid the unfortunate fate so many have met thanks to Steam sales and such. And for quite some time I did, as I am fairly particular of games I am interested in. But now – somehow – I, too, have gathered a stupid number of unplayed games to go through. I have not yet even played all the games I bought last summer!

I suspect writing this blog has not been helping either. I actually have not started a new game in few weeks because the list of ones that I actually have played, but have not written anything about, started growing too long. Although writing about the games has not been exactly successful either – writer's block or something. Instead I have been replaying the games I have beaten already.

I really, really should write about a game when I still remember most of the stuff that happened – right after I have beaten it. With books it is worse as they often are a shorter experience and are easier to forget. (I had two of those in the backlog as well.) Pick a book from my bookshelf and I am unlikely to remember what happened in it, especially if it is one in a long series.

I used to make notes at some point but stopped doing it – probably because of laziness. I should probably start doing so again. Making good notes, similarly to commenting code, can be a considerable effort, though.

Currently on the list of things I am in the process of writing are:
  • System Shock 2
  • Diablo 3
  • Hearthstone
  • Remember Me
  • The Witcher Adventure Game
  • Baptism of Fire
  • Top 3 Games I Played in 2014
  • The Best of YouTube 2014
Hearthstone is bit of a funny one as I have been playing it continuously over a year now. One cannot really beat it in the conventional manner, and I guess I was waiting for when I got a full collection – one of each legendary, two of everything else. But since I have put no money at all (0€) in the game, it has been taking awhile.

I am not sure if it will ever be even possible at this rate. The release of Goblins vs Gnomes put me far away from my goal overall, and also slowed down the process of getting all the cards in the classic set with how arena now only rewards packs of the new cards. At the time of writing this, I am exactly 20k dust away from getting the rest of the old cards if I were to (and could) craft them. And 20k is a fairly hefty amount.

Below is the list of unplayed games I am considering playing at some point. The greener the name is, the more likely and sooner am I to play it; the ones in red have the least priority. There is also a bunch of games not on the list I have gotten from bundles and such with the game(s) I wanted, and which I have no intention of ever playing.
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Blackguards
  • Dishonored
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • BioShock
  • BioShock 2
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Transistor
  • Crysis 3
  • Far Cry 3
  • Thief
  • Tomb Raider
  • Bastion
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman: Arkham City
Damn that is a one long-ass list of games. Let us see when (and if) I get to the end of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment