Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Bedtime Readings Maybe

"Cespenar is a good servant, oh yes!"

Anyway, I finally got couple fantasy books to read for a change; The Ghost King by R.A. Salvatore and Dragons of the Hourglass Mage by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman. They've been out for quite some time now but as I buy my books in paperbacks, I usually have to wait for a while.

Especially with The Ghost King, as the hardcover was published almost a year ago. I guess they didn't need to hurry with the paperback as Salvatore's Drizzit books sell so well.

Dragons of the Hourglass Mage on the other hand seems to be only half of the size the previous installations - Dragons of the Dwarven Depths and Dragons of the Highlord Skies - were. I recall reading there was some trouble with getting the book out or something. I think the publisher even considered putting someone else to finish it (lol?). I wonder if that's the reason or were there just not enough stuff to make it to 600+ pages.

I'm going to read The Ghost King first and save the presumably last adventures of Raistlin & Co. for second. Book reviews will follow, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment