Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Titan Quest: Immortal Throne Finished


Finally, after 3 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes, 28 deaths, and 56347 monsters, I finished Titan Quest: Immortal Throne on legendary difficulty for the first time. My character was a conqueror (defense and warfare professions) using a shield-weapon combination.

Normal difficulty was easy if bit tedious due to low damage output. I died only once, on Barmanu the Neandearthal Warlord, because I was trying my Colossal Form for the first time and thought the sound effect belonged to it when it actually was the ice meteor swarm, which apparently is capable of one-shotting you.

On epic, bosses got harder, especially Hades who killed me many times. On legendary I ran on some gear trouble, and I died quite a few times. It got bit better towards the end, and I managed to down Hades on my first try, though.

What buggers me in this game, is the fact that you cannot attach charms and relics on the best items (epics and legendaries), even though rares can get rather powerful with a nice charm/relic. Like the weapon I was using at the end, a Colossal Sabertooth of Annihilation (36 dexterity, +30% attack speed, +35 offensive ability, 35-53 bonus damage, 24 damage, +34% damage) enchanted with an Incarnation of Valor of Achilles (25 damage, +18% attack speed, +25% damage). Still, I'd prefer enchanting the epics and legendaries instead of this. Weird logic, I say.

Also, I collected tons of neat items in my playthrough, and thus my possible future characters will get seriously twinked.

No comments:

Post a Comment