Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Think This Post's Mostly Filler


"I've always been amazed with how Buffy fought, but in a way, I feel like we took her punning for granted." -Xander

I miss Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It is my favorite tv series of all time. Although, it wasn't so at first - it had to grow on me. Also, I think the late hour it was shown at first here in Finland could have had some effect on that.

Then they changed Buffy to earlier in the evening, and the channel it was on too, when Angel started (I think, lol). I actually watched only Angel at first, but then Buffy too. And then I lost interest in Angel and just watched Buffy.

BtVS is, or was, cool and funny, with its mixed genres, awesome characters and how it was all about metaphores. I liked everything about it. Even its unique and neat opening theme, which really fits the show. And the musical episode, Once More With Feeling, in the sixth season... oh, boy.

Too bad the series had only seven seasons, though. But like Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) said:"This is how I want to go out, on top, at our best." And I guess the end was really the end - nothing was literally left of Sunnydale anyway, lol. The story continues in the comic, though, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight. So not all is lost.

After Buffy, Joss Whedon (the creator) doesn't seem have had such great success. I checked him on Wikipedia and seems like every new series he starts, goes down in ruins before it gets anywhere (Firefly, Dollhouse). Maybe Glee - whatever it is - will have more success.

"Sorry to barge in. I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse." -Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment