Saturday, January 2, 2010

World of Warcraft Revisited


On Thursday, I reinstalled World of Warcraft to do my annual Tour de Azeroth, which involves riding (on 100% speed land mount) through both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms (Silvermoon (Eastern Plaguelands before TBC) -> Booty Bay, Silithus -> Moon Glade). And as WoW knows no 1 day subscriptions, I would also get to play the game for 1 month - paying 13€ only for my little tradition would be kinda stupid.

However, when creating a Battle.net account and adding my WoW account to it (to be able to login), I noticed Blizzard wanted to give me 7 free days because I had not played for so long (7 months). So, instead of one month, I decided to just play for this one week.

I decided beforehand (before knowing of the free days) I would not get involved in anything serious during my short visit, instead I would maybe do some heroics, pvp and level my alts, which is, in fact, quite fun with heirloom items.

A few changes had been made into the game since my last login. First thing I noticed, was, of course, that all my keybindings were there like I had left them, including my macros, as they all are now saved in the game server. Ah, the joy of not doing everything again! Even my four chat windows were there, though they had piled up but at least the settings were saved.

Second thing I noticed, while sorting the chat windows, was "Friend removed because the character no longer exists" message * n. I guess more people decided to abandon the sinking ship aka EU-Spinebreaker. Still, someone seemed to be home - the guild I used to be in, was still alive and I could recognize some of its members.

Then, I had to check how the new cat and bear form skins looked - the night elf druid was/is my main. And apparently, since my character's lovely white hair, I had been granted the worst forms, lol. I know I can change hair color, but I like the white when not in forms.

A built-in quest helper and cross realm dungeons had been added as well.

Damn the game would be fun to start playing now for the first time, with all the new features making it a lot more pleasant experience than it was back in er... 2006.

Btw, it takes quite a while to ride through the continents. It took almost two hours this time. I wasn't trying to make a record, though - all the encountered horde had to be engaged, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment