Sunday, November 29, 2009

What Can Change the Nature of a Classic RPG?


"Answer – a resolution-tweaking mod." (As it was cleverly put by Alec Meer at Rock, Paper, Shotgun.)

However, The Gibberling Three's Widescreen Mod alone wasn't enough to make Planescape: Torment tolerable – the game's GUI wasn't designed with any scaling in mind and thus looked horrible (to me at least). Also, inventory, options menu etc. were displayed in a 640*480 box in top-left corner of the screen instead of middle, and surrounded by black. Eww.

No way I could play the game if it looked like that, so I checked the interwebs if someone had come up with a solution, and I found Ghostdog's Planescape: Torment UI Mod. Damn awesome!

Now that the game looks good, I'm ready for a slow playthrough – going to enjoy every line of dialogue I can find. Although, I'm missing the container/door hilighting from BG a bit. But can't have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment